Why give to CAS?
Aren't adoption agencies wealthy?
No. CAS is a nonprofit agency that operates on a conservative budget and make it a priority to not burden adoptive parents with the entire weight of our monthly costs in addition to their investment in growing their family. Legally, adoptive clients are not to be responsible for other costs.
We rely on the community to stand with us as ministry partners for free birth parent counseling for those mothers who do not choose adoption.
where does my money go?
Donor investments are vital to the health and advancement of the ministry. When seasons are slower in regard to pregnancies/deliveries, donor gifts help ensure bills are paid, staff receive their salaries, and daily operations continue. Community education and outreach is a primary focus of gifts and this has long-term impact in changing the stigma of infant adoption.
As with any organization, we would like to provide our staff with competitive salaries and benefit packages. At this time, staff are not receiving benefits outside of moderate PTO and with more donor support, we hope to acknowledge our employees with the same benefits they would receive in a similar job outside of this ministry.
Can i set up recurring giving?
Yes! When donating to CAS online through Impact Foundation, you can select automatic monthly fund transfers for one year (which can be cancelled at any time). We want to help you reach your charitable goals however is most convenient to you.
Creating a personal legacy through planned giving can be facilitated by contact Patricia Larson at 701-237-4473.
I support on giving hearts day - are there other opportunities for my gifts to be matched?
We are in a community where many businesses provide employee matching programs for charitable gifts. Check with your employer to see if they provide a matching program. Some local businesses that encourage philanthropy include:
High Point Networks
Wells Fargo Bank
Other ways to have a greater impact are:
1. Sponsor a birth mom gift - all proceeds from purchases of the Hope bracelet support our ministry and you'll be able to give "hope" to the recipient. Hope bracelets are available at our agency and on Etsy for YOU or as a gift for friends & family.
2. Use your Amazon purchases towards charity by always shopping at smile.amazon.com and setting our ministry as the recipient of their donation program.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes. CAS is 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
A major component of our ministry is to share the gospel with expectant parents & youth, and increase education to decrease the number of unplanned pregnancies and abortions. We don't currently receive federal funding and your investment is critical to keeping the agency open and out of debt.
Thank you for investing in ministry to children, expectant parents, and forever families in ND & MN.
Thank You, Partners:
Thanks to your support, from March - May we shared about adoption in Sheyenne HS, Dickinson HS, Moorhead, HS, Woodrow Wilson, HS, Red River HS, Hazen HS, and The Perry Center and YWCA.
We are so grateful for these generous donors:
- Giving Hearts Day participants
-Cycle for Adoption participants
- In memory of Dorothy Linn: Glenda Meister, Mark Wagner, and Dr. Stephen & Tammy Linn
- Luke & Katy Swenson meeting our wish list needs.
- Ongoing support from Elizabeth McKelvey, Jamestown First Assembly, Aaron & Kara Kangas, Patricia Larson, and Dan & Val Holford.